The law establishing APCON empowers it to determine who are advertising practitioners and maintain a register of practitioners. Pursuant to this provision APCON conducts inductions from time to time to admit/initiate qualified persons into the advertising profession.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION:
The following qualifications are required for registration in the associate membership category.
- APCON Professional Diploma in Advertising
- HND or Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Mass Communication or Graphic Arts (Design) from APCON accredited departments in tertiary institutions
- A recognized Post Graduate degree in Advertising, Marketing, Mass Communication or Graphic Arts (Design
- Any other qualification that may be approved by the Council.
Procedure for Registration
The process of registration commences with the purchase of application form at the payment of the stipulated fee:
- The applicant must fill the Membership Application form correctly and attach all relevant documents namely:
· 4 passport photographs
· O’Level Certificate (WAEC, NECO)
· Degree Certificate (BSC, HND or its equivalent)
· NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Letter
· 3 Referee forms signed by registered practitioners who have paid their practice fees up to date.
· A completed Membership Application form with the prescribed documents should be submitted to any APCON office.
The applicant will be sent an acknowledgement email or SMS on purchase of the application form at any of our offices. The email or SMS will contain details on the policies and criteria governing purchase of the said form.
· Induction notice will be communicated after Membership Application has been approved by the Council.
· Induction approval is valid for 12 months. You are therefore required to make yourself available for induction within the specified period.
· You will not be recognised as a registered practitioner unless you attend an induction ceremony and take the Oath of Practice, as well as payment of practice fee up to date.
· New practitioners are registered initially as Associate members.
UPGRADING OF MEMBERSHIP
Practitioners seeking upgrading are required to have maintained a regular pattern of payment of practice fee in their current category.
- Full Member
- Practitioners seeking upgrade should have maintained a regular pattern of payment of practice fees in their current category.
- A practitioner seeking upgrading to full member is required to have held advertising position in a recognised organisation or engaged in the practice for at least five years prior to date of application.
- The practitioner must have attended two training workshops/seminars organised by APCON and one other recognised training organisation within the five years.
- A completed upgrading application form will be returned with a complete payment as prescribed in the Criteria for Upgrade.
- Completed upgrade form must be accompanied with evidence of payment of upgrade fee, photocopies of relevant certificates, a current passport photograph and three completed referee forms signed by registered practitioners who have paid their practice fees up to date.
The applicant will be sent an acknowledgement email or SMS on purchase of the upgrade form at any of our offices. The email or SMS will contain details on the policies and criteria governing purchase of the said form.
- Fellowship is considered on the practitioner’s merit. Application for consideration as fellow is open to full members of the advertising profession who have practiced for 15 years from date of first registration and have met the criteria for fellowship consideration. See below.
Criteria for Selection of Fellows